Trade shows are great ways to boost awareness about your brand and meet new people who may become customers or clients. Trade shows, though, require a great deal of preparation if you want your exhibit to be a success. It can be difficult to know where to start when preparing for a trade show, but there are certain guidelines you can follow. Below is a general timeline to use for trade show preparation so you can be ready when the big day comes.
Nine to Twelve Months Before
Nine to twelve months before the show, you should focus on the general theme you want from your display and take care of logistics. The tasks to focus on at this time are:
- Set specific goals for the event including the number of leads you want to generate, the amount of publicity you want to generate, or the number of product sales you want to make.
- Identify the needs of your booth space including banners, equipment, marketing materials, and promotional items you want to use.
- Register and reserve your space.
Six to Nine Months Before
Six to nine months before the show, you should focus on your actual display. This can include:
- Research and hire a trade show display company that can handle the design and production of the different elements of your booth.
- Consider your lighting needs. Do you want to use lighting to highlight a certain product, and do you require a greater outlet capacity?
- Think of the promotional strategies you will use at the show, such as handing out giveaways, and order any products you need.
Three to Six Months Before
Three to six months before the show is a very important time, as there may be even more to do. During this time, it is important to:
- Continue working with your vendor on your booth design, marketing material, and exhibit items.
- Identify the staffing requirements you will need, plan training sessions, and develop a schedule for the booth.
- Determine how you will ship your trade show display to the event.
- Make travel arrangements including hotel, airfare, and vehicle reservations.
One to Three Months Before
One to three months before the show you will focus on finalizing all of the details. This may include:
- Gathering pamphlets to give attendees for a follow-up,
- Marketing your presence at the show on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram,
- Contact event sponsors to confirm last minute details, and
- Speak to your trade show display vendor to confirm delivery dates and finalize any remaining details.
We Can Create a Trade Show Display for You on Time
Of all the different elements that go into a trade show, there is no doubt that your display is the most important. At ExpoMarketing, our trade show display experts will work closely with you to ensure your exhibit accurately represents your brand, and we will deliver it on time. Call us now at (949) 250-3976 or fill out our online form to learn more about how we can help.