Of all the trade show booth design elements out there, flooring is one of the most overlooked. It is also one you have to get right. Trade show booth flooring is more than just a place for people to walk. It ties your entire design together and can really enhance the overall look. There are many different types of floors you can use in your trade show booth for conferences but of them all, vinyl and laminate flooring are two of the most popular. The one you choose is ultimately up to you, but there are some things you should know about both types before selecting one.
Pros and Cons of Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is made up of different layers, usually three in total. The base layer is dense plywood and an image layer is placed over top to make it look like hardwood. Lastly, a third protective layer is applied for durability. Laminate flooring has many benefits, including:
- Easy setup: Laminate flooring often comes in softwood floor tiles. These are put together like puzzle pieces, which makes it easy to set them up and take them down before and after the trade show.
- Professional look: The image layer makes laminate flooring look like real hardwood, which can give your booth a professional look at a lower cost.
- Easy maintenance: Spills are wiped off laminate flooring with just a soft cloth and it is also easy to sweep. Keeping your booth immaculate throughout the entire show is important.
- Durability: The protective layer of laminate flooring is not highly permeable, which means it is also resistant to stains.
Even with all of its benefits, laminate flooring does not hold up to moisture well. If you are going to be in an outdoor area, vinyl flooring may be better.
Pros and Cons of Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring is also made out of different materials. It typically contains a plastic core made of thin PVC plastic which is then bonded to a felt or fiberglass backing layer. A printed design is also added, as well as a clear layer for wear and tear. Vinyl flooring also has many benefits, such as:
- It rolls: Vinyl flooring often comes in rolls, making setting it up very easy.
- Variety: You can use vinyl flooring that looks like wood, but there are other options, too. For example, you can purchase vinyl flooring that looks like stone or tile.
- Water-resistant: Due to the PVC layer, vinyl flooring is water resistant and very durable due to the protective layer that wards against scratches, scuffs, and stains.
Just as laminate flooring can become damaged by moisture, vinyl flooring does not stand up well to heat. While it is durable, vinyl flooring is also soft, meaning if something is dropped on it, it can create a scar or tear that is hard to repair.
Our Trade Show Booths Work with All Types of Flooring
At ExpoMarketing Group, our trade show booths can incorporate any type of flooring that is right for your exhibit. We will also work closely with you to ensure you have the right podiums, furniture, banners, and more. Call us now at (949) 250-3976 or reach out to us online to learn more.